Scholarships and Academic Awards
The Board of Governors and the Old Boys Association award best performers after the release of results for the national examinations at both levels. Two students who were on Board of Governors Scholarship scored maximum points. This year we also retained the best two students on the same scheme plus one sponsored by the Old Boys. In the academic year 2015 the following awards were given out
- One student of ‘O’ level with 8 in 8 was awarded shs.300,000=.
- 7 students who scored maximum points at ‘A’ level were awarded shs.500,000 each by the Old Boys.
- The best performing department was also awarded shs.500,000=.
Continuing students’ awards:
Continuing students are also given termly scholarships as outlined below:
- A S.1 student who scores an average of 90% earns one term scholarship.
- A S.2 student who scores an average of 85% earns one term scholarship.
- A S.3 student who scores an average of 80% earns one term scholarship.
- A S.5 and S.6 student who scores 20 points earns one term scholarship.
Since the project of retaining the best students on scholarship has proved successful, the Board intends to award even those who score 9 and 10 aggregates effective next year (2016) starting with the current S.4 students.
In this regard therefore, our very own Ssempala Timothy who obtained 20 points (4AAA1) in the 2017 U.A.C.E Examinations became the beneficially of the Old boys project.