SHACK QUALIFIES FOR QUARTER FINALS IN COPA COCA COLA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2019 AFTER PLAYING ROUND OF 16 AT JINJA SSS AND DEFEATING ST. JOHN'S HIGH SCHOOL MUKONO
St Henry’s Kitovu will face St Mary’s Kitende Thursday 16th, May at 11 AM
Round of 16 Results:
- Jinja S.S 2-0 St Julian High School, Gayaza
- St Mary’s Kitende 4-0 St Kaggwa, Bushenyi
- St Henry’s College Kitovu 3-2 St John’s High School, Mukono
- Standard High School, Zana 2-0 Kawempe Royal
- Buddo SS 2-0 Uganda Martyrs’ High School, Rubaga
- Jinja Progressive Academy 2 (7) – 2 (6) Kibuli SS
- Masaka SS 0 (3) – (4) 0 Bulo Parents
KAVERA BAN IN ST. HENRY’S COLLEGE KITOVU
Dear Parents and other stake holders of SHACK, following a directive from the permanent secretary M.O.E&S to all school heads dated 14th October, 2018, on the use of plastic bags (Kavera); in the interest of our cherished environment and in consideration of the human health, be advised that as you bring your son (s) for term 1, 2019, kindly keep the Kavera away from the school premises. We advise you and the students to find alternative carrier means like paper bags, etc. for whatever materials you would want to carry.
Kindly be advised of inconveniences if this message is not heeded to.
Bro. Augustine Mugabo (HM)
FOR GREATER HORIZONS
Download the Circular from here
NATIONAL THANKSGIVING SERVICE AT THE STATE HOUSE, ENTEBBE
The President of the Republic of Uganda, H. E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and the First Lady Janet Museveni with our students at the National Thanksgiving service at the State House in Entebbe.
The event took place on Friday 14th, December, 2018.
A team of four of our students commonly known as “Paradise Acapella singing Group” were given an item and they represented the college very well.
We congratulate them.
SHACK REPRESENTS UGANDA IN ACCRA – GHANA FOR THE CONTINENTAL JUNIOR ACHIEVERS’ COMPETITIONS.
A Team of four boys and their Patrons, Bro. Maricario Orikiriza and Mr. Kaboogere Geoffrey represented the country in the continental JA competitions which took place in Accra – Ghana.
The company that represented us was called 2 palls company dealing in youth Magazine after winning the National Competitions that took place at Christ the King Kalisizo defeating all the schools in the country.
We CONGRATULATE them.
DELIVERING THE PRESIDENTIAL PLEDGE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE SCIENCE LABORATORY AND HANDING OVER THE AMBULANCE TO KYAMULIBWA HEALTH CENTER IV IN KALUNGU DISTRICT
On 11th November, 2018, the college hosted visitors from the government namely;
- Hon. Anita Among: Woman Member of Parliament, Bukedea District
- Hon. Tusiime Michael: Member of Parliament, Mbarara Municipality
- Hon. Denis Hamson Obua: Member of Parliament AjuriCounty – Lira District.
- Hon. Ogwang Peter: Member of Parliament Usuk County – Katakwi District.
- Mrs. Lucy Nakyobe Mbonye: The financial controller of State House of Uganda.
- LC V chairman, Masaka District: Hon.Jude Mbabali
- Chief Administrative Officer, Kiruhura District: Mr. Kiberu Charles Nsubuga
- LC I Chairperson, Kitovu Parish: Mr. Bukenya John Bosco. Among others.
The purpose of the visit was to celebrate Honesty, integrity and care by delivering the president’s pledge of 200million shillings towards the construction of the science Laboratory and handover an ambulance to Kyamulibwa Health center IV, Kalungu District.
Mass was celebrated by the Vicar general of Masaka Diocese who stood in for his Lordship the Bishop of Masaka Diocese, the parish priest of Kyamulibwa Parish and our very own chaplain, Fr. Kiggundu Francis. Other visitors included Sisters of Good Samaritan from Kyamulibwa parish. The Vicar general also blessed this science block.
There was also a short fundraising to curtain raise the big day of 23rd, November, 2018 where we shall have the Launch for the fundraising of the SHACK Education center at Hotel Africana, Kampala. This center shall NOT only be used by SHACK community but also the community around the college.
Mass commenced at 9:00am, visitors shared God’s blessings with the college fraternity.
In his remarks, the Head teacher was very grateful to the president for the contribution he made towards the completion of the A level block, and also to have accepted to open it.
Secondary, he thanked the president for the contribution towards the construction of the science Lab facility. First was fulfillment of 342 million shillings that was used to construct the ground floor and second, delivering 200 million shillings to construct the 1st floor.
As we progress with the science Lab. The facility helps not only St. Henry’s college community but also the Bishop and the entire community of Masaka.
On a special note, we are very grateful to;
- Hon. Anita Among, and Mrs. Lucy Nakyobe Mbonye for the contribution of 20 million shillings for the fundraising dinner towards the construction of the SHACK Education center.
- Hon. Tusiime Michael for the contribution of 1 million shillings towards the SHACK Education center.
- Hon. Denis Hamson Obuafor the contribution of 1 million shillings towards the SHACK Education center.
- Hon. Ogwang Peter for the contribution of 3 million shillings in the two capacities towards the SHACK Education center.
- Hon. Mathius Mpuga for the contribution of 2 million shillings towards the SHACK Education center.
The school Management is therefore very grateful for the support and contributions towards the Centenary preparations.
Thank you and God bless you.
ST. HENRY'S DAY CELEBRATIONS, 2018 IN PICTURES
SHACK DEBATING SOCIETY CONTINUES TO SHINE
In April, the southern regional tournament under the world school debate league hosted a debate tournament at St. Theresa Girls’ School Bwanda and the SHACK team run an unbeaten run to claim the regional trophy.
The team proceeded to the national tournament in Gulu at Ocer campion Jesuit College. The debate team had six preliminary debate rounds and secured five wins against Dr. Obote College, St. Catherine Girls’ school, Makerere College school, Mengo Senior Secondary school and Gulu Central college.
The team proceeded to the round of sixteen and defeated St. Catherine Girls’ school, Lira thus proceeding to quarter final where it lost to St. Mary’s college Kisubi.
St. Henry’s college Kitovu was ranked 6th out of 42 competing schools.
We are proud to announce that in September this year; we are privileged to having been chosen among other schools to represent Uganda at the African Debate Championship in Johannesburg, South Africa.
MR. KOTAKI GEORGE WILLIAM KUTOSI