Physics department is one of the dynamic departments at SHACK. It is linked up with other subjects like Chemistry, Agriculture, Biology, Mathematics, Computer studies and Geography by sharing some of the related knowledge.
Physics department is as old as the college and it has produced a number of personels in various fields like engineering, meteorology, Education, Medicines and civil aviation, to mention but few.
Physics department has a team of thirteen dynamic and experienced staff which include eleven teachers and one laboratory assistant. There are;
- Mr. Mugagga John Paul
- Bro.Zobole Pius
- Mr. Obina Johnson Okeny
- Mr. Ssenoga Stephen
- Mr. Kakooza Richard
- Mr. Kaddu Henry
- Mr. Ssentongo Leonard
- Mr. Kaziba Anthony
- Mr. Odyek Charles
- Mr. Bwanika David
- Mr. Busuulwa Nsereko Felix (Head of Department)
- Mr. Okello Lastone
- Mr. Nahabwe Marius
These are well trained teachers who teach any topic in physics at both O- and A-level.
- The main activity is the teaching-learning process. Team teaching is used from S.3 to S.6. where a stream in each of these classes is taught by atleast two teachers. This has really improved the performance of the teachers and students.
- Teaching –learning process is carried out through experiments and demonstrations. Research works are given to the learners to strengthen their knowledge of the subject. Project works are given to students to carry-out and are supervised by the teachers.
- Marking of examinations / tests is by a conveyor belt system which the department adopted from UNEB examinations marking system.
- Two laboratories are where experiments and project works are carried out. The laboratories are fairly stocked and the apparatus are well arranged in cupboards and shelves which are easily accessed by all teachers. Some of the project works are used for the teaching-learning process.
- The prep rooms in the laboratories nick-named dungeons are where planning for the department and consultations by students are done.
FOR GREATER HORIZONS
MR. BUSUULWA FELIX NSEREKO (HEAD OF DEPARTMENT)