St. Henry’s College Kitovu sick bay department provides good nursing care and treatment to the school community. It is located near the Brother’s residence.
The department has two Nurses; Ms Namisango Miriam, an enrolled nurse and Ms. Nakiwu Francis a registered nurse. The two are assisted by two health ministers. The department is under direct supervision of the Deputy Head teacher.
- We provide treatment to the entire students body and staff.
- Patients are given health education, counseling where necessary and follow ups are done to patients on daily basis.
- We refer cases to the Hospitals where specialists are needed.
- At school, rapid diagnostic tests are done and for further investigations patients are referred to either Kitovu Hospital or Masaka Hospital and where necessary, parents invited.
- Medical services are provided 24hours. Verbal and written reports made and given on daily basis to relevant authorities.
- The sick bay has two residential houses for the nurses who work full time.
- The sick bay has two wards and one dispensary room which is well equipped with drugs and medical equipments.
- Each ward accommodates around 12 patients who need resting and special attention and monitoring including good nursing care.
FOR GREATER HORIZONS
MS. NAKIWU FRANCIS (SCHOOL NURSE)