ECONOMICS/BUSINESS EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Economics/ Business Department is one the active departments in the school. It is a department that every year serves slightly over one thousand (1,000) students. You will realize that at O’level every student is obliged to offer at least a business subject; i.e Commerce, Entrepreneurship Education or Principle of Accounts. At A’ level, majority offer Economics. We also offer Entrepreneurship Education at Advanced level.
The subjects handled in the department include;
(iii) Principles of Accounts
The department is known for team work, hard work and excellent performance. It is among the few departments that offers optional subjects but with biggest number of students.
The following are the teachers in the department and what they teach;
- Mr. Ssali Ally (Economics, Principles of Accounts and Entrepreneurship Education)
- Mrs. Nagawa Rovine Luwooza (Principles of Accounts and Entrepreneurship Education)
- Mrs. Nakanwagi Cissy Kalema (Economics and Entrepreneurship Education)
- Ms. Namulindwa Jesca (Economics and Entrepreneurship)
- Mr. Katamba John Anthony (Economics and Entrepreneurship)
- Mr. Kaboogere Godfrey (Commerce and Entrepreneurship Education)
- Mr. Kusolo Alex (Entrepreneurship Education)
Key activities/achievements in the department;
1) Junior achievers have various projects that have shown the degree of creativity innovativeness among students;
2) Mentorship done by teachers successful National Secondary competition and challenges where students have excelled, e.g (i) Capital Markets Secondary Challenges; (ii) Bank of Uganda Secondary schools Challenge, Stanbic Bank secondary schools Challenge.
3) Offers opportunity to learners experience what takes place in real life business world e.g job Shadow in Barclays Bank, MADDO medical stores, MADDO Diaries, St. Josephs's Kitovu printery etc.
4) Field trips, and field attachments that are successfully organized.
5) Internal and external seminars are frequently organized
6) Team teaching and assessment are valued in the department.
7) Generally, the performance in Business Education subjects has been consistently very good.
FOR GREATER HORIZONS
MR. SSALI ALLY (HEAD OF DEPARTMENT)